Meet The Team
We Can Help You Achieve a Higher Quality of Life.
Because Quality of Life Means Everything!
The Integrative Chiropractic Center Team
Meet Our Team
DR. TAYLOR RUSSELL
My name is Dr. Taylor Russell and my journey to becoming a doctor of chiropractic was born out of my desire to help others and have a lasting impact on those around me. Unlike most of my peers, I grew up not knowing what I wanted to be but I greatly admired my father, who is an orthopaedic surgeon, and his ability to heal brokenness and restore hope in those he treats. With that in mind, I set out to get my Bachelors in Biology from Samford University with the end goal of becoming a medical doctor like my father. Toward the end of my schooling at Samford University I decided that becoming a medical doctor wasn’t the exact career path I wanted to pursue. However, I still desired to help others restore their health and well-being. With that in mind, I decided to obtain my personal training certification through the National Academy of Sports Medicine so I could play an integral part in others health and fitness successes. Around this period of time my brother, Dr. Ryan Russell, graduated with his Doctorate in Chiropractic from Life University and needed someone to help him start his practice so I divided my time between personal training and assisting him with patient care at Integrative Chiropractic. It was during this time at my brother’s practice that I vividly remember one patient encounter that would change the direction of my life forever. The patient was not over 30 years of age but shuffled from his car across the parking lot and into our office like a man 40 years his senior. After an hour of treatment that day, I watched this patient WALK out of our office and climb into his truck. It was at that moment I knew I wanted to become a chiropractor and bring healing and restoration to as many people as I possibly could. As they say, the rest is history and I am now a Doctor of Chiropractic looking to bring about meaningful change and healing to those I am privileged to treat.
• Doctor Of Chiropractic – Life University, Marietta, Georgia
• Bachelors of Science, Biology – Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama • Bachelors of Science, Biology – Bevill State Community College, Jasper, Alabama
• Certifications – National Academy of Sports Medicine- Personal training
Trained Chiropractic Techniques
• Chiropractic Biophysics
• Full Spine Technique
• Extremities Technique
• Sacro Occipital Technique • Diversified Technique
• Toggle Technique
• Thompson Technique
• Torque Release Technique
• Gonstead Technique
• Applied Kinesiology
• Sports Injury Prevention and Correction
GARY N. RUSSELL, M.D.
- General Surgery & Orthopedic Surgery – University Hospital of Alabama, Birmingham
- Bachelor of Science, Biology (Honors) – University of Alabama
- Exercise Physiology – Louisiana State University
- Bachelor of Science, Physical Education (Honors) – Jacksonville State University
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY MEMBERSHIPS:
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Walker County Medical Society
- Medical Association of the State of Alabama
- Alabama Orthopedic Society
- The Effects of Muscular Strength and Endurance of Predicted V02 Maximum tested on a cycle ergometer.
- Precision and Accuracy of the Critikon Sphygmanomameter.
- Morphological Classification and Culturing of Scyllarides. (Slipper Lobster) hemocytes.
- Neuropathological findings of AIDS Encephalopthy in children.
- Diagnosis and Management of Postpartum Hemorrhage.
- The Effect of Total Knee Arthroplasty on Erythrocyte Sedimentation rate and C-reactive protein in Osteoarthritis study in progress with Stuart X. Stephenson, M.D., Assistant Professor; UAB Hospital, Division of Orthopedic Surgery.
- CPR Certified
- Medical Management of Chemical and Biological Casualties Course
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Student Course
Other Teaching and Interests:
- Pegasus Corporation: Course Instructor on technical pearls in Trapezial Interpositional Arthroplasty, California
- PRP Therapies for shoulder knee and elbow.
- TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy) in fracture healing.
- Nutritional Therapies for surgical healing
Take advantage of our offer for a FREE Evaluation and Consultation. There is NO risk, NO cost, and NO obligation. Find out if our proven treatment plans can work for you too and take the first step to living the life you love!