Suffering from back pain is no fun. There are many treatment options out there and medications that promise to help provide long-term relief from back pain. However, many of these treatment options do not work or are incredibly invasive. For example, medications for pain relief can come with serious side effects and risk for addiction. You will want to find something that can help treat your back pain all naturally.
Chiropractic care is an excellent option for those who want to experience relief from back pain in the long term. Chiropractors have been helping people for many years with various techniques to help minimize pain. These techniques are minimally invasive and do not require surgery nor medication.
There are several different techniques that a chiropractor will do to help with long-term pain management. These include:
• Articulatory. During this process, the chiropractor will move joints within their normal range of motion. This is a low-velocity technique. This technique allows for the range of motion to be improved.
• Direct thrust technique. This is the technique used when people talk about getting their back cracked. The chiropractor uses force to realign a specific area in your spine.
• Functional technique. In this technique, the chiropractor will take a tight joint and apply pressure. They will fill a release during this process, and the area will feel better.
• Table adjustments. Chiropractors have a special table that has a drop piece. This piece will release when the chiropractor applies force to the spine. This allows the adjustment to work without so much force.
• Muscle energy. During this technique, the chiropractor will instruct the patient to resist the motion in the opposite direction. This will help to improve the range of motion in the area being treated.
• Manipulation with anesthesia. In some cases, people have issues with being adjusted. They can be tense, nervous, or just unable to relax. If this is the case, the adjustments may be made under light anesthesia. This is typically performed in a hospital where the chiropractor is highly experienced in this adjustment.
• Myofascial release. If your fascial is tight, it can cause spinal misalignment. If your spine is misaligned, this can cause moderate to severe pain in your back. Your chiropractor will help to relax this area by applying sustained pressure.
Further Ways a Chiropractor Can Help Alleviate Back Pain
There are also several other ways that your chiropractor can help to minimize your back pain. These include:
• Supplements. The chiropractor will be able to help you to learn what kind of supplements you should be taking to help alleviate pain. The chiropractor will be able to recommend how much you should take and when you should take the supplements. Supplements may come in pill form, powder, or liquid.
• Exercise. Your chiropractor will tell you what kind of exercises you should be doing to help minimize your back pain. In addition to adjustments, your chiropractor will instruct you to do mild stretching practices and to do mild exercise to help encourage your back to feel better.
• Nutrition. A large part of taking care of yourself is to make sure that you get great nutrition. If you do not have the proper nutrition, your body will not be able to heal properly. For example, if you have had an injury to your back, and you do not eat correctly, you may be suffering from your injury for longer. Your chiropractor will be able to tell you what things you should be eating more of to help with your back pain.
• Mental care. Some people do not realize that a chiropractor can help you with your mental health. Going to the chiropractor regularly can help you to minimize depression and anxiety symptoms. If you suffer from depression and anxiety, make sure that you tell your chiropractor. He or she can offer different ways where you can help treat depression. For example, they may recommend that you do meditation and some light stretching to help focus your mind. In addition, alleviating your pain may help to lessen the symptoms of depression and anxiety.
If you are experiencing back pain, you want to get rid of long-term back pain, call our office today at 205-637-1363. Our chiropractors are here to make sure that you experience pain relief quickly.