Integrative chiropractic centers offer a unique alternative for those who suffer from chronic or acute conditions and seek holistic healing. Many doctors of chiropractic believe that the body is a system that includes nerves, organs, muscles, bones, and much more. They also believe in optimizing the health of this whole-system approach to healing by addressing both the physical, and emotional needs of their patients.
The benefits attributed to integrative chiropractic care can improve your quality of life and lead to long-term health gains regardless of your age or condition. In this article, we will discuss the most common treatment options offered at integrative chiropractic centers, so you can decide if this form of treatment is right for you.
Treatment Options Offered at These Integrative Chiropractic Centers
Spinal Adjustments The most common treatment offered at integrative chiropractic centers is spinal adjustments. The doctor of chiropractic will analyze your spine, and nervous system through a series of tests (e.g., orthopedic, neurological, motion palpation) to detect any distorted movement or misalignment. They will then use gentle yet effective manual techniques to realign the spine and nervous system. The benefits of spinal adjustments include:
- Correcting misalignment in the spine and nervous system, allowing for the movement of vital nutrients and energy in your body to be maintained -Increasing the body’s ability to effectively process toxins, harmful substances, and disease-inducing elements from the environment – Decreasing stress on your muscles, ligaments, and tendons
- Improving your posture and range of motion -Removing emotional stress and anxiety from your body, allowing for your health to improve
- Relieving pain due to misaligned bones in your spine, back, neck, and shoulders.
Prenatal Care In addition to spinal adjustments, integrative chiropractors can provide prenatal care. They will help you take an active role in your pregnancy by educating you on the routine responsibilities related to a healthy prenatal and postnatal home environment. They will also provide you with nutritional support, ergonomic advice, and lifestyle recommendations to prepare for your child’s arrival.
The benefits of prenatal care include:
- Controlling your weight and maintaining a healthy diet while pregnant and breastfeeding
- Improving mobility, posture, and strength during pregnancy
- Preventing infections during pregnancy, preventing day and night leg cramps
- Preventing or reducing premature delivery
- Helping you to manage any issues with your baby such as colic, reflux, diaper rash, teething pains.
Postural Rehabilitation Postural rehabilitation is a combination of spinal adjustments, postural education, and physical therapy to help you align your spine in the correct posture.
This can help t and pain due to misaligned bones. Integrative chiropractors will monitor your progress through three phases of postural rehabilitation: the first focuses on correcting muscle imbalances, the second focuses on decreasing joint biomechanical faults, and the third prevents the reoccurrence of any previous injuries.
The benefits of postural rehabilitation include:
- Correcting and preventing any injury due to misaligned bones in your body, including increased strength, mobility, and pain control
- Returning structural integrity to your spine through correct spinal alignment through the use of spinal adjustments
- Preventing future injury by decreasing the chance of reoccurrence.
Athletic Care If you are active, an integrative chiropractor can provide care for your athletic needs. They will design a plan of care that addresses any existing injuries you may have, including arthritis, sprained joints, muscle strains, and joint and ligament pain.
They will also provide you with advice on how to keep your muscles healthy and strong. In addition to athletic care, integrative chiropractors can help you improve your physical fitness goals by performing functional rehab exercises that replicate the action of sports for injury prevention and rehabilitation.
The benefits of athletic and functional rehab care include:
- Preventing and decreasing muscle strain, injury, and pain through spinal adjustments, postural rehabilitation, and functional rehab exercises
- Improving your goal-reaching abilities by enhancing strength and improving endurance
- Improving your performance in any sport you play by optimizing your strength and posture
- Reducing stress on the nervous system that can be caused by physical activity.
Pain Management An integrative chiropractic center can provide you with pain management without the use of narcotics and other addictive drugs. This can help you to eliminate pain, reduce the risk of addiction and misuse, and improve your quality of life. Pain management can be achieved through the use of spinal manipulation, physical therapy, and other soft tissue therapies to release any misaligned bone in your spine.
The benefits of pain management include:
- Avoiding the use of over-the-counter or prescription pain medications -Decreasing the morphine content in any spinal surgery
- Decreasing the need for any invasive procedures to implant any nerve blocks.
In conclusion, integrative chiropractic centers are a great resource for anyone looking to improve their health, prevent, or manage any chronic illnesses, maintain a healthy pregnancy and lifestyle, and achieve a pain-free and active lifestyle.
To talk to a chiropractor about improving your health, preventing or managing any chronic illness, maintaining a healthy pregnancy, and achieving a pain-free active lifestyle, please call 205-637-1363 to schedule an appointment.